October

Sorry i havent posted anything lately, I've been pretty busy with everything going on in my life for quite awhile! (Well at least since my graduation from Palo Alto’s PTRP...) BUT since it's been soo long since I last updated the blog, I got quite a bit to talk about now... Well after I graduated and received a certificate of completion from the PTRP program in Palo Alto, I came back down to my home and started to “fix” my room to be the way I want it to be! And that included getting a desk for my computer to be used at, a new bed, that I actually liked! And most importantly CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET or: throwing away all the useless crap I don’t use anymore. Well after I got those things taken care of, I wanted to start doing more rehab at the Loma Linda VA. So I started to do outpatient Speech and O.T. in these therapies I wanted to learn how to cook better for myself, (better food-wise.) Well now, looking back, I realize that I should have just watched my dad, and learn that way! It would have been much easier! One day during therapy when we were at Stater Brothers shopping, I got a text from my mom telling me that my best friend, ever since kindergarten, (like 18 years!) Well he ended up dying... So as hard as that was to take and deal with, I had to continue with my therapy I was in... In addition to my therapy, I took some classes at RCC, (the Speech therapist helped me with this.) One thing that definitely helped me studying for this class and its tests was the Kurzweil program, (a program that helps you organize your thoughts, and get them on paper, AND it reads the book to you.) So I took a class that taught us what job we could turn into our career. This was a useful class for me to take at this time. Because (in my situation) because I was intending on making the Air Force, into my career. But that opportunity was taken away from me when this accident ended up basically, “retiring me.” So I will now have to be “re-evaluated” every 15 months to see if I will be “fit enough” to go back into active duty or a full medical retirement.

On September 29, 2010 I started a new rehab program, Rehab Without Walls, where they actually COME TO YOU to do you rehab! (This is the next kind of rehab program thing for me.) They help me with Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Recreational Therapy, and Social Work. Our goal for me is to live independently and be able to get around to everything that I want to do. This as I have found out so far, is A LOT! But it sucks because I'm at the point in my recovery process where I am getting close to actually being able to do the things I was doing before the Air Force! (Which is soo hard for me to be able to handle because before I was SOO BUSY! And now, I literally can't keep up with everything that I'm doing! But I believe that it ALL is pretty much a necessity for me, I can't just quit anything, without finding SOMETHING ELSE to fill it with!!!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

dude!!! this is AMAZING!!!

Unknown said...

Hello My name is David Hernandez. I am the Director of Security for the Village at Allen and the Village at Fairview in Allen Texas. We have a Garden for our public and while doing some patrols one of our officers ran across a thumb drive with pictures of your recovery/blogs/and ect on it. If this is Mr. Huddleston himself please call me at 214-497-2078 and I can identify you as the owner of the drive perhaps we can set something up to where you can have your property back. After investigating you online, through emails, blogs, facebook dedication pages and ect...it would be an honor to get your property back to you1!~ David Hernandez

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Super impressed by your drive and determination. So glad you are making a good and steady recovery. I'm sure it's seemed exceedingly challenging at times. What a great and loving family you have. Very best wishes and continued success. Tom Packard tom90046@yahoo.com