Saturday December 1, 2007

First things first, this is Kelli, I was told to write the blog as a result of having Brea put frosting all over her face and hair so Laura has to clean her(haha woops). This morning my mom and I went to David's room at 10am to go with him to PT. However, he was already in there so we went to meet up with him. We got in there and the PT's asked me to help them. They did this thing with them where they moved cones around and one cone had a small cone underneath it. They moved the cones and David had to pick the right one, I was super surprised that he was able to pick the right one because I couldn't even do it ha. He was super tired after PT, so he went to sleep for about an hour and a half. In the mean time my mom, Patty, Laura, Grandpa and I stayed in the room and watched David sleep. I tried to do homework haha, I tried for about 2 minutes. Eventually David woke up and we asked him if he wanted to go outside and he said that he did "Now." After getting him in the wheelchair & being connected to his G-tube feeding we walked around with everyone and the nurses. We stopped to listen to some Christmas Carolers. When they were finished we made our way outside. On our way outside, David told Patty and I that he wanted to "go to the car and go far away fast." We went to some benches instead, the nurses helped us to get him out of the wheelchair so he could sit on a bench. When we got him settled I sat with him and he had his arm around me and was rubbing my arm. So Patty, Laura, and my mom decided it was picture/video time (kinda embarrassing and awkward but whatever). Patty & my mom said that they would give us some "alone time." At this point everyone went about ten steps behind a small bush and watched and called it privacy. We did some arm stretches with David, I actually almost completely straightened his left arm, which no one was able to do thus far.  We played some bowling on Wii, and we sat on the couch for a little while. He had a slight stomach ache after lunch and slept for the rest of the night after that. He would open his eyes briefly but close them real quick after. Until next time...

Kelli and everybody!!!

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your making great progress David, Hang in there!
Love you all, Kevin and Jeanna