Sunday, December 9, 2007

Today was not very exciting... David slept ALL day! He had OT/PT for two hours, but mom, Brea and I were at church. I know he needs his rest, and it sounded like he didn't sleep much last night. Course he probably won't sleep through tonight either... He FINALLY woke up around 7 pm, and I went to hang out with him. He was pretty quiet, and would only talk if he had to use the bathroom or he wanted me to scratch his back or side. REALLY? I finally asked if he wanted to call Christa, dad, or Kelli, and he said "text Kelli for me." So I did (on my phone). He started talking and telling me what to text her, and I'd read back what she said. I'm a little jealous that it took Kelli to get him to talk :o). Anyway, he seemed to enjoy that. I told him dad was coming tomorrow and he had a little tear in his eye, and said he was excited. I'd like to think the tear was because I'm leaving tomorrow, but that wasn't the case :o(. I did get a big hug though and he rubbed my back for awhile. Then I read him more of your guestbook comments until he fell asleep at about 9. He had said that he had a good day, and that he was feeling good, so I was glad for that.

It's hard to leave hime, especially when he's making so much progress! God is faithful and I know that David will surprise me with his progress when I get to see him next!

As always, thanks for your prayers, and your comments!

Laura

P.S. Oh, and as we're printing out comments for David to read, we realize that it would be easier if you could post all your comments in the guestbook on the left side of the blog. Otherwise we have to cut and paste from each day, and that gets hard. You can still post comments to us in the comment section, but any for David specifically would be nice in the guestbook so we can print them out. Thanks! Y'all are awesome!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

hey it's not my fault he wanted to talk to me...haha...your bitter with david not me right laura haha...am i still in the club though???

gary h said...

Thank you laura, for sacrificing being with Brian to be with David. It must be terribly hard all the way around, yet exciting to witness the miracles. You are a great example of a sister. Even after all the torture that David put you thru! God must be smiling upon you!

Anonymous said...

hey Huddleston, can't you read what Laura asked?? You are supposed to comment in the guestbook, you big oaf!!! Just like a stubborn , darn... Hey Guys , hopefully I can reinforce to my fam the right way to do it, much love and prayers to you!!! Good thing for David that Huddleston's are stubborn, NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!! Love Aunt Rose

gary h said...

HEY!!! you wench! I was NOT talking to David, but to Laura. Laura asked that messages to DAVID were to be on the GUESTBOOK. Messages to LAURA can be left HERE! Try reading the post AGAIN! Darn it!