Saturday, October 27, 2007

10:00 am CA time

As of this morining, David does not have a fever, although last night he may have had a low grade fever. He is resting, looking good and stable this morning according to my mom. Last night he was agitated and his heart rate was high. They've got him on a new mixture of medicines: ativan - for his restlessness, as needed; seroquel - to help him sleep; lopressor - to maintain his heart rate; and he is apparently still on the fentanyl for the pain. There are no tests scheduled for today. The doctors said this morning that David is still on track for being able to leave on Wed. for California! Keep praying that David would have a tremendous sense of peace as he continues to wake up on and off. The doctors have said this is probably really scary for David because he doesn't know what is going on, where he is or what has happened to him. Pray that God is able to comfort him in these times of confusion and frustration. Rose flies home today. My grandpa Moriarity will still be there for a few more days. Dad's been able to get a lot of work done the last few days with help from mom's friend Donna and David's friend Jenna, my aunt Annette and my grandpa Huddleston. They have been truly amazing! Thanks for your prayers. I hope you can all see God working good out of this devastating situation. God has truly made himself known to our family through this time and our faith in him is just that much stronger. Your comments have truly been an amazing source of comfort for our entire family. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful messages!
Christa

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Patty and family,

We are thinking of David and all of you and we will pray for David and all of you and I will share this with our Church family. My Mom, Lois Kennedy forwarded your Mom's emails. I have bookmarked the blog and will keep up. You are doing a great job. Chuck (cousin to Patty) and Joy

Betty Lou said...

To my wonderful friends, the Huddleston's.
Love the music on this site...yes, the Voice of Truth, tells us a different story...David's progress has been so amazing...gosh he's getting better in some way every single day! And that he's going to be able to travel again in such a short time since his accident and trauma is nothing short of a miracle.Have everyone I know praying with me and for all of you. God is so amazing...just keep holding onto Him and letting Him hold you in the palm of His mighty hand. Everything will turn out exactly as God wants it to, for His Glory , if we just keep praising and trust Him. I praise him and trust Him and petition Him daily for David and for each of you. I love you!
BL

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 41:13....For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand, and says to you, Do Not fear; I WILL HELP YOU.

God is faithful and I know He will complete what He has begun in you. I have just read about 100 of comments in your 'book' and cry after most of them realizing how many people love you and your family. What a testimony of your (and their) faithfulness to God. I am so addicted to your bog site that Elena insisted that I get out this afternoon with her to have some fun! She sends you her love as well. Her church family is praying for you as well. Can't wait to see you in Palo Alto! Love Grandma Haldin

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!! David you are so strong and we are all so proud of the fight you continue to win. Keep your hand in HIS and HE will contiune to show you his power. I have been praying for that sense of peace and for you to not be scared or worry about what is going on around you as you learn what is going on around you. I can only imagine the frustrations you are feeling and I pray with all my heart that God comforts you as you go through this. Stay strong sweetheart. We can't wait to see you. Palo Alto is only about 6 hours away. Thanks everyone for all the updates. They make my day!! Our Love to all...Lisa Anderson and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Huddlestons,
Please keep the daily entrys coming. We read them everyday, as we continue to pray. We want to continue to make prayer for David a priority until he is completely recovered. We love you guys.
Mike and JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Huddleston family,

God is truly, truly amazing. David is in our prayers and thoughts all day long. Everyday we look forward to reading David's progress and see how God is working. You do not know me, but my daughter is friends with David and we just live down the street from you in Riverside. My daughter was hoping to see David when he is here in California, we would like to know when the time is right?
Elena and Khyla McMillen

Anonymous said...

Hi Huddlestons! I am checking David's blog most everyday and praying for him and you too. I've got my family praying too. Keep up your prayers and continue to be strong in your faith. Our God is an Awesome God!
Debbie Huewe