Sunday, October 14, 2007

9:10am (DC time)

We went to the hospital this morning at 6:30 because we knew they were going to take him off of his sedatives and we wanted to catch all the doctors making their rounds. He was even better this morning! He moved his fingers on his right hand individually. He squeezed our hands and wiggled his toes. He still doesn't do anything on command, but as the neurosurgeon told us later, localized movement is a huge improvement!!! When the neurosurgeon and his team of drs. went in his room and closed the door we could hear him yelling at David to "WAKE UP, DAVID! DAVID, WAKE UP! WIGGLE YOUR TOES, DAVID! OPEN YOUR EYES, DAVID!" I personally added, "in the name of Jesus!" after each of his commands! The other good news is that they are going to remove his bolt that is in his head that has been measuring his ICP (intercranial pressure). They said the pressure has been staying low, so they will go ahead and remove it. The bolt was keeping the dr.s from doing and MRI, so he also scheduled him for an MRI this evening. Then the ICU dr. came by with his team and said that he would like to take out David's chest tubes that have been sucking extra air out of his chest cavity. He said he doesn't think he needs them anymore! He also wants to do a tracheostomy to put his respirator directly into his trachea. This will help prevent any infection and get rid of the uncomfortable tubes down his throat. His feeding tube will then be put directly into his stomach. The trache will be a long term thing since he will probably be on the ventilator for quite awhile. The tracheostomy will probably happen on Mon. or Tue. this week. God is proving once again to be faithful! Keep praying! David is putting up a good fight! I made sure to tell the neurosurgeon (who gave us the awful news Fri.) that "David is going to prove you wrong! You just watch!" He smiled and said that yes, he is making great progress! Please continue to write in our Guestbook thingy... your comments and prayers have literally been what holds us together!
Love you all
Christa

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
I am rejoicing with you this morning and my prayers are even stronger because of the hope I am precieving in this situation. We will continue praying without ceasing idividually as much as possible and remember all of you several times a day as we pray together. We love you!
JoAnn and Mike

Anonymous said...

This is Daniel Wooten's Mom.
I am reading your blog every hour on the hour to see the news about David. When I read your last entry I was so elated to find out about his progress. What a strong young man he is.
Daniel and I and the rest of the Wooten Family will continue to pray for David.

Anonymous said...

This is Erwin.

Keep strong david I know you can pull through. All my pryers are for you and your family. Im keeping up on the udates to see the progress and happy that you're pulling through strong. Miss you brotha.

Annette and Kozzie said...

I love you David. I am so happy to hear that you tried to pull the tubes out. Thats sound like the David I know. How many nurses did it take to hold you down to give you those allergy shots?

Anyway, keep on fighting.God is with you!

Thanks Christa and everyone for doing this blog. I'm pretty much glued to it.

Annette and Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

Huddleston family,

We are praying for a complete recovery for David. Our GOD is a GOD of miracles and HE is working!!!
Jeremiah 20:11 "But the LORD is with me as a mighty, awesome ONE."
Jeremiah 17:14 "Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed"
We love you!
Matt, Krista, Jacob & Kara Sauls

Anonymous said...

hey guys,
This is Megan Cain. I'm so glad to hear that David is improving and i know he will be alright in the end. we are all praying for him and you guys every day pretty much constantly! God is good! not on ly good GOD IS GREAT!!! He can do anything if we just step back and let Him work. we will continue praying for David every day as he continues this fight with Jesus holding his hand the whole time. we love you guys!
<3 always
megan

Unknown said...

i am so excited to hear the great news about david. he is soo strong! i check this website everyday to see his progress. david, you and your family are still in my prayers!! <3

Anonymous said...

Hello all you Huddlestons!! I wanted to tell you how much I love you and appreciate your lifetime of friendship you have given me and my family. All of you are in my prayers and thoughts constantly. God has a purpose for all His mysterious works, remain faithful and trusting in Him. I am thankful for David's movements and will keep him in my prayers, as well as the rest of you!!! Be confident in Jesus!!
Love You all!!
Sarah Behney (Paetz)

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Kara, and I just wanted to say we are all praying here!! I didn't have this link until today, but will be on everyday now!!! Today's news sounds good!! Jon is sending his prayers too!!

zenobia said...

This is good news to hear about david and his progress.... im soo sad that this had to happen to him but i know he will be ok. I pray for you guys every day... and i just know that God will hear my prays, Just so you know you guys have the whole Inland Valley Church of Christ praying for you and your family.... there is nothing we want more then for you to bring him back home to us!!!

love Zenobia Bracy

Anonymous said...

i am so glad to read that david is making progress and getting better. I know how hard it is to see someone you love going through all of this and i am praying for you all.

Megan Colenbrander