Tuesday, October16, 2007

8:45 am (DC time)

We got to the hospital this morning just after 5 am and they were just bringing him back from getting an MRI of his spine. They said that his spine looked great and they were going to be able to take off his neck brace! Then they took him off his sedatives for his ritual morning wake-up. It only takes about 10 minutes for him to wake up. Immediately he started moving his arms, legs, feet and wiggling about! We told him good morning and started talking to him about all of your comments and how he has people praying for him all over the world!!! THEN... we all noticed that he was trying to open his eyes!!!!! He didn't get them all the way open, but they were definitely cracked slightly!! He also responded by squeezing mom's hand when asked to. We had just prayed before going in that the dr. would see his progress today, and he did! He said that David is definitely waking up and responding purposefully to commands. On the scale of 1 to 6 that they define types of movement, David was a 5 two days ago, a 4 yesterday, and today he passed with a 6! PRAISE GOD! OUR BOY IS WAKING UP!!!! He pushed his boot off that was keeping his foot in a flexed position. He pulled his foot back so that his knee was bent more than we had seen him do before. They kept him awake for an hour and then put him back on his sedatives to keep him out of pain. When he is off his sedatives, it is a total blessing to us, because we know for sure that he can hear us and its our chance to really see how he is improving. However, it has to be the most painful part of his day, so we have conflicting emotions. Thanks again for all of your prayers, God is definitely working his miracle in David and it is awfully exciting to see it first hand.
Love you all,
THE HUDDLESTON FAMILY!!!!

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!! What wonderful news. I sit and cry everytime I read your blogs as I know first hand what you are going through and how you feel. When I went to my baby the doctors told me he would not make it through the night...Here we are 6 years later playing football, riding motorcycles and just being a kid. GOD is in control and it may be a test of our faith but here he is again bringing our David back to us. I can't wait until you all are home and we can come see him. I look at the pictures I have of him daily (one hanging in the nurse station I am working at) and I look at those beautiful eyes and pray that God continues to work with David. You never stop amazing me David at your strength and courage. Keep up the fight sweetheart. We will continue to pray for all of you. Our love to all..Lisa Anderson and family

The Savvy Moms Guide said...

Hallelujah...Halleujah...Halleujah.What a great way to start the babies and my day. We danced (really I danced with them almost falling off my hips)when I read the morning update. God is working his miracles in David every minute and his progress is a true testiment of how great our God is. I told the babies that our prayer that we say (and sometimes sing....depending on the mood needed in that moment)for David several times a day is being answered along with all the prayers from around the world that are being answered. We will contiune to pray for David and the Huddleston clan until David is home safe and sound. How Great is our GOD!!!!!!!!!

XOXOXO, Bri, Kendall and Kale

Anonymous said...

This is Chris Wooten again, Daniels mom....like everyone else I am staying glued to this website and every morning, before going to work, I check it just to see the progress David is making. Today I messaged my son in Turkey and he said" Mom did u read it?? He is trying to open his eyes" and I said "Yes Son, I have read it" and I told him that everything is going to be good and David is going to be fine because God is in his corner. David will remain in our thoughts and prayers. Christiane Wooten

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Great news, God is good! ~ Kara and fam

Anonymous said...

This is the Reyes family. Thank you for the update. Every morning I read your new blogs. I recieved an email from my brother Ray and he was soo excited to hear good news. He is just now slowly getting back into his routine, but David is never far in his mind. Or in ours. We send prayers to your family. More prayers to David's recovery.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news. Thank you for keeping a blog so we can be updates on what is happening. We are praying for you.
The Deerings (Ellen Verloop's daughter and family)

Anonymous said...

Bob (and Nancie) Struck say "Praise God!" We've been praying every day for you all. All the pastors and staff of our church - even our board members - have prayed for David's recovery. Thank you for the updates - please keep them coming. (BTW, I'm sorry to have missed Pricilla's funeral but am glad Nancie was there. She shared many good things with me and I loved the DVD you made. I hope to see you all again myself).
Love, Bob.

Anonymous said...

God is good! No one can deny it! David's a fighter and God is his strongest ally!

Jen said...

Hello, Huddlestons--this is Jenny Wilkes, from Riverside. Only now, I'm Jenny Inman, and I live in Williamsburg, VA. Noelle just sent me the link to your blog, and I'm just stunned reading through it. I'm definitely going to be praying for all of you now. I see that you guys are in DC now; that's only about 2.5 hours north of where I live. Are you doing alright up there? Is the Air Force putting you guys up somewhere? Our place in Williamsburg is open to you all if you find you need a day away from the hospital. My cell # is (757) 561-3646. Is there anything I can do for your family? My parents (Gary & Linda) and I were in a car accident in Colorado over a year ago. My dad was badly injured, but God has granted him a 100% recovery, in defiance of the odds. In fact, in that amazing way of His, I think God actually used the accident to equip my dad for the work God was intending to do through him. I'll pray the same thing for David, and for each one of your family--that the plans the enemy intended for evil will instead be used for God's glory and your good in the end. If you get a chance, read Isaiah 61--the chapter Jesus quoted to explain why he had come, especially verses 1-4. Love, Jen