Saturday, November 17th, 2007

9 PM PST

Today was a slower day, as some of the doctors are off on the weekends. We were able to be there when OT & PT came by (some call them Se and Georgette), and they brought a brace for David's left arm. It is a temporary one but it seemed to help a lot by extending his arm. He wears it for two hours then it is removed for two hours, etc. After two sessions it seemed that David's arm stayed more extended than before. While Georgette (AKA OT) put on the brace and got it configured for David, Se (yes that would be PT) worked on stretching David's left leg, knee, ankle and foot. She walked us through the right and wrong ways to do it as she went, which was very informative.

Patty and I had a turkey lunch provided by some very patriotic groups. We think the American Legion, VFW and other groups were involved. We were served outside in the courtyard where the weather was sunny and warm.

Patty spent several hours with David after lunch when he was very active (grabbing tubes, hoses and stuff) but not very reponsive. Patty did get a long hug when she asked for it. But she thought for the most part he was kind of out of it this afternoon.

I spelled off Patty later, and David and I played dice together, now I owe him $23. Just kidding. But after he rolled a pair of dice a few times, I would say "my turn" and he would quickly pick up the dice and hand them to me. It seemed that his reaction time was quicker than usual. I think this is confirmation that he is a natural born gambler. Or something. When that novelty wore off I tried a million things to keep him busy and interested, until finally he fell asleep. Talk about an answer to prayer! We love being with David, hanging out, working and playing with him, but it also can be very hard work. We will sleep good tonight!

We love and appreciate all of you who have been praying for David. Thanks.

Steve

1 comments :

The Huddleston family said...

Good job entertaining David!! I'm so jealous of these hugs and kisses you two are getting! And I'm glad to hear about his response time getting a little quicker, what a great improvement!! I can't wait to see you guys again! 3 more days!! I love you so much, and of course am still praying hard!! Brea's painting beautiful paint smudges for David's room- it won't even matter that he's color blind! :o) Make room!

Laura