Sunday, November 18, 2007

2:30 pm

Sleepyhead is asleep again! Finally he is catching up on his beauty sleep. He had Physical Therapy today, even on Sunday. After doing some range of motion stretching, David was helped into the wheelchair again. He did great for an hour and a half. We played some dice, and Steve took advantage of changing the game every time it was his turn. We taught the therapist and nurse how to play our favorite game of dice, no name has been given to the game though. David fell asleep as soon as he was helped back to bed. But, woke up as soon as the nurses decided to move him up in the bed. I think it only took a few minutes for him to fall back to sleep. Steve is staying with him and I am going to sew. :-)

Steve and I tried a church today here in Palo Alto, the Vineyard. It was good and we had some great prayer warriors pray with us after the service. After church, we saw sleeping David again. There was another bar-be-que on the patio for vets and families. Lots of great food again and fun talking to other patients and families. Can't wait for David to be able to be out enjoying these outings with us. There are many interesting veterans here changing my life with their heroic stories. I pray that Steve, David and I can be as affective in changing their lives also. Pray for David and his emotions. I feel like he is somewhat depressed. Thanks, Patty

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm still keeping David in my prayers. I wanted you guys to know, I haven't been commenting as much lately, but I'm still reading up on specific things I can bring before God!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you David. Keep up the fight and your spirts. We are all praying for you and can't wait for the okay to come see you. We have been gone but we have been praying the entire time we have been gone. God must be listening because when we got home we saw what wonderful new things you have been doing. Our love to you all and stay strong and Patty give him a hug from all of us. We love you!!!! Lisa Anderson and family

Anonymous said...

I`m so pround of you David!I`m glad you are getting better.I pray all my heart.I know you are gonna make it through this.David i`m glad you can open your eyes and kiss your parents.David we are gonna see you soon.

Old Skool said...

Hello David, Steve, and Patty.
It's Travis Osborne. I continue to pray for you and check the blog for David's progress. I'm only an hour from Palo Alto and would LOVE to come by to see David and pray with all of you. I want to be sensitive to your schedule with David and the doctors. How about you give me a call: 951-961-3676 and we can arrange a time. I'm off and available ALL DAY on Tuesday, and I don't work until 11:30am on Wednesday, and Friday I'm available after 1:30pm. Please let me know if this is a good time to see you all.
Travis